Thursday 3 November 2011

festive


Hand drawn Christmas holly themed typography

Continuing on the theme of being way too prepared for Christmas, I wanted to share with you a little of the work I've been doing on my own gifts ready for the big festive season. I designed a Christmas-themed font for all of the different elements of my gifts, and have been busy designing labels for different things just to give my gifts a more personal edge. I can never get away from my love of Typography so this was the perfect chance to get some festive designs ready.

 (Anyone reading this who I will be giving the following gift to - I hope this doesn't spoil the fun when you receive yours! it tastes good, trust me I've tried it!)


Handmade Mincemeat in personalised jars


This year I decided to make my own mincemeat, as I have often wondered if it would be really that difficult. Turns out it's not, at all! I opted for our national treasure Delia Smith's recipe which can be found here. Then I simply customised the jars with Christmassy fabric, print out labels and festive ribbon.  


2 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah :)
    I just discovered your blog, and I absolutely love your work!
    I love the packaging on your mincemeat. My mum's been making jam to send to people for christmas so I might have to see if she'll let me make some packaging for her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Hannah! Thankyou so much, I'm glad you enjoy my blog! I have some more packaging to come in the next few days as I have just been making some truffles. I shall definitely take a look at your blog if you have one too! :)

    ReplyDelete