Monday, 16 April 2012


Over the past couple of months I have been working on designing the branding and website for a small venture I am personally involved with called The Costume Cellar. Over the years our family and friends have accumulated through various channels dozens and dozens of brilliant costumes that have all ended up in a collection in our cellar, and we have decided to share these costumes with the public in the form of a costume hire service.

I posted a blog at the very start of this venture while I was designing the first logo for the Costume Cellar. Since then, I went on to design the website for us, set up twitter and facebook links and design our business cards. This was a great exercise in creating an identity for our venture as well as getting back into the habit of using Photoshop and Dreamweaver to get the website running. This was a great opportunity to put my illustration and typographic skills to a good use - I wanted to give the designs a quirky feel and I was very pleased with the type design for the logo.

I also arranged the first photo shoot for the costumes (with a big thanks to the models Tasha, Holly and Andy!) and I hope to arrange more in the future as I only really captured a small amount of what we have to offer - you can see the photos on the gallery section of the website and on the facebook page.

Business cards (thankyou to for these!)

I made use of the new facebook timeline layout to add our identity to our facebook page.

A couple of screenshots from The Costume Cellar website that I built from scratch using photoshop and dreamweaver. 

No comments:

Post a Comment